- Being that Keratin Treatments contain Formaldehyde, many clients, hair stylists, and health experts have become skeptical. Experts recommend that the formaldehyde in a Keratin product should be at or beneath .2 percent, yet this fact is very highly contested. This is due to the fact that some clients have stated that they experienced damage to the hair and scalp and discomfort during the process.
- Knowing all of the possible dangers of any Keratin or Brazilian Keratin Treatment is always helpful in avoiding the side effects of such a harsh carcinogen such as formaldehyde.
- During the procedure, salons should use any and all Keratin Treatments in well ventilated areas which also utilize fans to continuously keep an open air flow. Masks are also recommended but are not used as often as they should be. When the Keratin is heated with a flat iron, it releases strong fumes containing formaldehyde. This is what makes the necessity for the mask.
- These same fumes can also sting and burn the eyes during the Brazilian Keratin process. Although hair stylists are instructed to keep any chemicals off the scalp, it is something that is hard to avoid. This is because the skin tends to absorb keratin rather quickly.
- That being said, it has been reported that clients have experienced such things as irritated scalp, increased breakage, and shedding from the roots. The formaldehyde in any Keratin Treatment can also aggravate allergies. According to a study by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, it was found that people suffering from asthma have an increased sensitivity to the effects of inhaled formaldehyde, which result in triggering asthma attacks. Lastly, there have been concerns that the formaldehyde containing products are at a higher risk of upper respiratory cancer, especially in people who continually utilize or receive treatments on a regular basis. If you have any other questions or concerns about the possible dangers of Keratin/ Brazilian Keratin Treatments, there are plenty of national studies that can be found on the internet. Also, check out these fine quality products that will fit any person?s stipulations
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/unexkeratin.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/photolaboratory/fw/core/core.reviews.php on line 210